Preserve America Stewards was a designation program that recognized programs which demonstrated a successful use of volunteer time and commitment in order to help care for our historic heritage.
Designation recognized programs of organizations and agencies that:
- provided volunteers with opportunities to contribute in direct and tangible ways to the preservation, protection, and promotion of historic properties;
- addressed an otherwise unfilled need in heritage preservation through the use of volunteer efforts; and
- demonstrated innovative and creative use of volunteer assistance in areas such as youth involvement, volunteer training, public education, and public/private partnerships.
Benefits of designation included:
- a certificate of recognition
- authorization to use the Preserve America logo in public outreach and promotional activities;
- listing in a Web-based Preserve America Stewards directory;
- publicity in the Preserve America e-newsletter.
Designated Preserve America Steward Profiles
This is a state-by-state list of Preserve America Stewards officially designated and recognized for their exemplary volunteer efforts to care for historic resources around the country. Click on each listing for more details.