Preserve America Stewards is a designation program that recognizes programs which have demonstrated a successful use of volunteer time and commitment in order to help care for our historic heritage.
Designation recognizes programs of organizations and agencies that:
- provide volunteers with opportunities to contribute in direct and tangible ways to the preservation, protection, and promotion of historic properties;
- address an otherwise unfilled need in heritage preservation through the use of volunteer efforts; and
- demonstrate innovative and creative use of volunteer assistance in areas such as youth involvement, volunteer training, public education, and public/private partnerships.
Benefits of designation include:
- a certificate of recognition
- authorization to use the Preserve America logo in public outreach and promotional activities;
- listing in a Web-based Preserve America Stewards directory;
- publicity in the Preserve America e-newsletter.
View the Preserve America Stewards
This is a list of Preserve America Stewards have been officially designated and recognized for their exemplary volunteer efforts to care for historic resources around the country.