- Guidance Document
- Guidance DocumentSection 800.4(b)(1) of the Section 106 regulations states that federal agency officials shall make a “reasonable and good faith effort” to identify historic properties.This guidance was developed to assist federal agencies and consulting parties in determining what constitutes a reasonable and good faith identification effort.
- SECTION 106 AND THE U.N. DECLARATION ON THE RIGHTS OF INDIGENOUS PEOPLES: GENERAL INFORMATION AND GUIDANCEGuidance Document
- PublicationBy law, members of the public have a voice when federal actions may affect properties that qualify for the National Register of Historic Places, the nation's official list of historic properties. Protecting Historic Properties: A Citizen's Guide to Section 106 Review is designed to help citizens make their voices heard.
- RegulationSection 106 Regulations Text "Protection of Historic Properties" (36 CFR Part 800) Incorporates amendments effective Aug. 5, 2004.
- PublicationLas reglamentaciones dictadas por el ACHP describen el proceso de revisión según la Sección 106 y especifican las acciones que las agencias federales deben tomar para cumplir con sus obligaciones legales.
- PublicationAdvisory Council on Historic Preservation The Advisory Council on Historic Preservation (ACHP) is an independent federal agency with the primary mission to encourage historic preservation in the government and across the nation.
- Public Resources
- Guidance DocumentMission Statement: The ACHP promotes the involvement of Native youth in historic preservation as both a means to protect places of religious and cultural significance to them and as a career path. Download full document here
Indian Tribes and Native Hawaiians Digital Library
Below are a selection of Indian Tribe and Native Hawaiian Digital Library highlights. Browse below or search for specific library entries by keyword, topic, or content type.