- Guidance Document
- Guidance DocumentSection 800.4(b)(1) of the Section 106 regulations states that federal agency officials shall make a “reasonable and good faith effort” to identify historic properties.This guidance was developed to assist federal agencies and consulting parties in determining what constitutes a reasonable and good faith identification effort.
- Guidance DocumentUNITED NATIONS DECLARATION ON THE RIGHTS OF INDIGENOUS PEOPLES
- Guidance DocumentMission Statement: The ACHP promotes the involvement of Native youth in historic preservation as both a means to protect places of religious and cultural significance to them and as a career path. Download full document here
- Guidance DocumentThis guidance is designed to assist federal agencies in making management decisions about archaeological resources in completing the Section 106 review process.
- Guidance DocumentThe Relationship Between Executive Order 13007 Regarding Indian Sacred Sites and Section 106 Introduction
- SECTION 106 AND THE U.N. DECLARATION ON THE RIGHTS OF INDIGENOUS PEOPLES: GENERAL INFORMATION AND GUIDANCEGuidance Document
- Frequently Asked Questions on Protecting Sensitive Information About Historic Properties Under Section 304 of the NHPAGuidance DocumentSection 304 of the NHPA protects certain sensitive information about historic properties from disclosure to the public when such disclosure could result in a significant invasion of privacy, damage to the historic property, or impede the use of a traditional religious site by practitioners.
- Guidance DocumentThe 1992 amendments to the National Historic Preservation Act (NHPA) included provisions for Indian tribes to assume the responsibilities of the State Historic Preservation Officer (SHPO) on tribal lands, and establish the position of a Tribal Historic Preservation Officer (THPO).1 The regulations implementing Section 106 of the NHPA use the term “THPO” to mean the Tribal Historic Preservation Officer under Section 101(d)(2) of the NHPA.
- Guidance Document
Section 106 Digital Library
Below are a selection of Section 106 Digital Library highlights. Browse below or search for specific library entries by keyword, topic, or content type.