- SECTION 106 AND THE U.N. DECLARATION ON THE RIGHTS OF INDIGENOUS PEOPLES: GENERAL INFORMATION AND GUIDANCEGuidance Document
- Guidance DocumentRECOMMENDATIONS FOR IMPROVING TRIBAL-FEDERAL CONSULTATION
- Guidance for Indian Tribes and Native Hawaiian Organizations What to Ask the Federal Agency in the Section 106 ProcessGuidance Document
- Guidance DocumentMission Statement: The ACHP promotes the involvement of Native youth in historic preservation as both a means to protect places of religious and cultural significance to them and as a career path. Download full document here
- Guidance DocumentSection 800.4(b)(1) of the Section 106 regulations states that federal agency officials shall make a “reasonable and good faith effort” to identify historic properties.This guidance was developed to assist federal agencies and consulting parties in determining what constitutes a reasonable and good faith identification effort.
- Guidance DocumentThe Relationship Between Executive Order 13007 Regarding Indian Sacred Sites and Section 106 Introduction
- Guidance DocumentThere can be some confusion about agreements among Section 106 participants. The ACHP offers this guidance to clarify the different types of agreements mentioned in the ACHP’s regulations at 36 CFR Part 800 and when it is appropriate to use them.
- Frequently Asked Questions on Protecting Sensitive Information About Historic Properties Under Section 304 of the NHPAGuidance DocumentSection 304 of the NHPA protects certain sensitive information about historic properties from disclosure to the public when such disclosure could result in a significant invasion of privacy, damage to the historic property, or impede the use of a traditional religious site by practitioners.
- Guidance DocumentIntroduction In its role overseeing the Section 106 review process the Advisory Council on Historic Preservation (ACHP) works with a range of stakeholders to ensure that Section 106 reviews are carried out effectively and without unnecessary delay. In this capacity we occasionally receive inquiries regarding the time limits that govern consultation between lead federal agencies and others in the Section 106 review process.
- Guidance Document
Section 106 Digital Library
Below are a selection of Section 106 Digital Library highlights. Browse below or search for specific library entries by keyword, topic, or content type.