- Guidance Document
- Guidance DocumentSection 800.4(b)(1) of the Section 106 regulations states that federal agency officials shall make a “reasonable and good faith effort” to identify historic properties.This guidance was developed to assist federal agencies and consulting parties in determining what constitutes a reasonable and good faith identification effort.
- SECTION 106 AND THE U.N. DECLARATION ON THE RIGHTS OF INDIGENOUS PEOPLES: GENERAL INFORMATION AND GUIDANCEGuidance Document
- PublicationAdvisory Council on Historic Preservation The Advisory Council on Historic Preservation (ACHP) is an independent federal agency with the primary mission to encourage historic preservation in the government and across the nation.
- Public Resources
- Guidance DocumentMission Statement: The ACHP promotes the involvement of Native youth in historic preservation as both a means to protect places of religious and cultural significance to them and as a career path. Download full document here
- LegislationWith passage of the National Historic Preservation Act (NHPA) in 1966, the federal government embarked on a new era of leadership in the preservation of our nation’s historic properties.
- Program CommentsThis program comment provides the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) with an alternative way to comply with its responsibilities under Section 106 of the National Historic Preservation Act (NHPA), 54 U.S.C. 306108, and its implementing regulations at 36 CFR part 800 (Section 106), regarding vacant and underutilized properties.
- Guidance DocumentThis guidance is designed to assist federal agencies in making management decisions about archaeological resources in completing the Section 106 review process.
Indian Tribes and Native Hawaiians Digital Library
Below are a selection of Indian Tribe and Native Hawaiian Digital Library highlights. Browse below or search for specific library entries by keyword, topic, or content type.