- Guidance for Indian Tribes and Native Hawaiian Organizations What to Ask the Federal Agency in the Section 106 ProcessGuidance Document
- RegulationSection 106 Regulations Text "Protection of Historic Properties" (36 CFR Part 800) Incorporates amendments effective Aug. 5, 2004.
- Guidance DocumentMission Statement: The ACHP promotes the involvement of Native youth in historic preservation as both a means to protect places of religious and cultural significance to them and as a career path. Download full document here
- Public ResourcesDownload a pdf copy of this handout.
- LegislationWith passage of the National Historic Preservation Act (NHPA) in 1966, the federal government embarked on a new era of leadership in the preservation of our nation’s historic properties.
- Policy DocumentOn October 19, 2020, the ACHP voted to approve a policy statement on the promotion and value of traditional trades training. As the number of skilled workers in the construction trades has plummeted in recent years, the shortage of skilled preservation craft workers has continued to grow. Restoration work on historic buildings simply cannot be done without skilled workers, making the training of new craftspeople a critical priority.
- PublicationBy law, members of the public have a voice when federal actions will affect properties that qualify for the National Register of Historic Places, the nation's official list of historic properties. Protecting Historic Properties: A Citizen's Guide to Section 106 Review is designed to help citizens make their voices heard. The guide covers information including the following:
- PublicationLas reglamentaciones dictadas por el ACHP describen el proceso de revisión según la Sección 106 y especifican las acciones que las agencias federales deben tomar para cumplir con sus obligaciones legales.
- PublicationAdvisory Council on Historic Preservation The Advisory Council on Historic Preservation (ACHP) is an independent federal agency with the primary mission to encourage historic preservation in the government and across the nation.
Indian Tribes and Native Hawaiians Digital Library
Below are a selection of Indian Tribe and Native Hawaiian Digital Library highlights. Browse below or search for specific library entries by keyword, topic, or content type.