The Office of Preservation Initiatives (OPI) analyzes legislation, develops policy recommendations, prepares special studies and presentations, and represents the ACHP in interagency and partnership activities to promote the social, economic, and environmental benefits of preservation.
This office’s core responsibilities include:
- legislative and budget tracking, analysis, and development of recommendations for agency positions and testimony
- review and analysis of federal policies as they relate to historic preservation and sustainability, climate resilience, heritage tourism, cultural diversity, and community revitalization
- participating in partnership activities and special initiatives, including development and dissemination of government-wide policy recommendations
- administration of the Preserve America Program, including designation of Preserve America Communities and Preserve America Stewards
- management of the ACHP’s internship program