The Office of Preservation Initiatives (OPI) analyzes legislation, develops policy recommendations, prepares special studies and presentations, and represents the ACHP in interagency and partnership activities to promote the social, economic, and environmental benefits of preservation.
This office’s core responsibilities include:
- legislative and budget tracking, analysis, and development of recommendations for agency positions and testimony
- review and analysis of federal policies as they relate to historic preservation, addressing topics such as workforce development in traditional trades, community revitalization, sustainability and climate resilience, and heritage tourism
- participating in partnership activities and special initiatives, including development and dissemination of government-wide policy recommendations
- administration of the Preserve America Program
- management of the ACHP’s internship program