In response to recent catastrophic events across the country, such as flooding, snow, ice, hurricanes, tornados, and fires, the Advisory Council on Historic Preservation (ACHP) has prepared the following Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) to assist State Historic Preservation Officers (SHPOs), Tribal Historic Preservation Officers (THPOs), federal agencies, and other historic preservation partners in addressing Section 106 requirements during disaster response efforts.
- Question & Answer
- Question & AnswerThese questions and answers have been prepared by ACHP to provide users of the Section 106 process with further guidance on interpreting the provisions of the new regulations.
- Section 106 Consultation Between Federal Agencies and Indian Tribes Regarding Federal Permits, Licenses, and Assistance Questions and AnswersQuestion & AnswerThis document answers questions regarding federal permits, licenses, and assistance between federal agencies and Indian tribes.
- Question & AnswerThese questions and answers provide more information about the coordination of federal historic preservation reviews for infrastructure projects.
- Question & AnswerUnder 36 CFR § 800.14(a), federal agencies may develop their own procedures to implement Section 106, which would substitute for Subpart B of ACHP’s regulations.
- Question & AnswerStandard treatments establish practices for dealing with certain categories of undertakings, effects, historic properties, or treatment options that have been fully vetted and studied by the ACHP and Section 106 users and that carry the ACHP’s explicit endorsement. This guidance applies to standard treatments issued by the ACHP as a federal agency program alternative under § 800.14(d).
- Question & AnswerAnswers to questions about the program comment process are based on the requirements found in the ACHP’s regulations, past experience in approving program comments and recommendations developed based on this past experience.
- Question & AnswerA set of FAQs on federal agency coordination where an undertaking subject to review in accordance with Section 106 involves more than one federal agency.
- Question & Answer