The ACHP is monitoring recent bills that have been introduced or acted upon in Congress that could affect the preservation of historic properties.
Preservation-Related Programs and Funding
- Consolidated Appropriations Act, 2019 (H.R. 648)
- Natural Resources Management Act (S.47)
- Rehabilitation of Historic Schools Act (H.R. 158)
- Preserving America’s Battlefields Act (H.R.307)
- A Bill to reauthorize the Historically Black Colleges and Universities Historic Preservation program.(S. 280 / H.R. 870)
- America’s Natural Treasures of Immeasurable Quality Unite, Inspire and Together Improve the Economies of States, (or, ANTIQUITIES) Act (S. 367)
Congressional action plays a critical role in setting federal historic preservation policy.