The ACHP is monitoring recent bills that have been introduced or acted upon in Congress that could affect the preservation of historic properties.
Read more information on the following bills.
Preservation-Related Programs and Funding
- Interior, Environment, Financial Services and General Government, Agriculture, Rural Development, Food and Drug Administration, and Transportation, Housing and Urban Development Appropriations Act, 2019 (H.R. 6147)
- Restore Our Parks Act (S. 3172) / Restore Our Parks and Public Lands Act (H.R. 6510)
- Golden Spike 150th Anniversary Act (S. 2831/H.R.5751)
- Route 66 National Historic Trail Designation Act (H.R. 801)
- Explore America Act (S. 2395/H.R.5608)
- Preserving America’s Battlefields Act (H.R. 6108)
- Chaco Cultural Heritage Area Protection Act (S. 2907)
Historic Preservation Tax Incentives
- Historic Tax Credit Enhancement Act (S. 3058/H.R. 6081)
Stewardship of Federal Lands and Properties
- VA MISSION Act (S. 2372)
- A bill to allow States to assume certain federal environmental responsibilities with respect to highway projects (S. 2588)
- Reducing Antiquated Permitting for Infrastructure Deployments (RAPID) Act (S. 2576/H.R. 5378)
Balancing Regulatory Reform and Streamlining with Protection of Historic Properties
- Streamlining Permitting Efficiencies in Energy Development Act (H.R. 6088)
- Ending Duplicative Permitting Act (H.R.6107)
Congressional action plays a critical role in setting federal historic preservation policy.